Greetings dear readers / salam buat para pembaca

Knowing that I say it better in writing, and I do love writing, I decided to write my experiences and thoughts in this blog so this is my e-diary.

Don't speak Indonesian? No need to worry, it is written both in Indonesian and in English.

Happy Reading, everybody !
__________________________________________

Buat saya mengungkapkan isi hati dan pemikiran lebih gampang dilakukan dalam bentuk tulisan dan karena saya juga senang menulis, saya memutuskan menulis hal-hal yang saya alami dan yang ada dalam pikiran saya dalam blog ini.

Untuk yang tidak bisa berbahasa Indonesia, jangan khawatir, blog ini saya tulis dalam bahasa Indonesia dan Inggris.

Selamat membaca !

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

One Love

- There is so much we can learn from each other – (Michael Bolton, Just One Love)

Ini tahun ketiga saya menonton pawai acara perayaan Cap Go Meh.

This is the third year I went to see Cap Go Meh carnival.

Cap Go Meh melambangkan hari ke 15 dan hari terakhir dari masa perayaan tahun baru Imlek (Wikipedia)

Cap Go Meh symbolizes the 15th day and the last day of Chinese New Year celebration (Wikipedia)

Setelah beberapa minggu tidak ada kepastian apakah pawai ini akan diadakan atau tidak, akhirnya saya mendapat informasi dari seorang satpam tentang pelaksanaan pawai yang akan dilaksanakan hari Jumat, 14 Februari.

After spending few weeks without any certainty whether this parade would be held or not this year, finally a security guard informed me it would be held on Friday, February 14th.

Tanggal 14..

On the 14th..

“Happy Valentine, Keke” beberapa orang mengucapkan selamat hari Valentine lewat telpon dan sms.

“Happy Valentine, Keke” few people gave me that wishes through phone calls and text messages.

Oh iya ya, saya lupa hari itu hari Valentine. Saya lebih ingat perayaan Cap Go Meh dari pada Valentine.. hehe..

Oh yeah, I forgot it was Valentine’s day. I remembered Cap Go Meh more than Valentine.. hehe..

Mungkin karena urusan cinta lebih banyak bikin saya pusing akhir-akhir ini hingga saya tidak terlalu antusias menanggapi Valentine. Lebih baik saya mikirin Cap Go Meh saja deh.

Maybe because this love thing has given me headache lately that I was not too enthusiastic about Valentine. I better think about Cap Go Meh.

Saya sampai lebih awal di lokasi karena hari itu saya kerja setengah hari. Penantian yang panjang tidak terasa karena saya punya banyak teman ngobrol yang menyenangkan, ditemani cemilan kembang tahu.


I got at the location early because I worked half day on that day. I spent the long hours of waiting by talking with pleasant people while enjoying a nice afternoon snack of tofu in sweet ginger syrup. 



Pawai Cap Go Meh mulai sekitar jam 5 sore. 

Cap Go Meh procession started at around 5 pm.

Peserta pawai lebih sedikit tahun ini. Tapi tetap saja menarik untuk ditonton. Atraksi barongsai memang tetap sama tapi selain itu ada peserta yang menampilkan budaya dari beberapa daerah dan ada juga drumband dari pelajar SMA. 




This year carnival’s participants were not as many as in the previous years. Still, it was fun to watch. The dragon attractions were same but there were participants from other region and there was a highschool marching band. 




Saya menyukai semuanya.




I liked them all.




Keragaman budaya ini menyatu di dalam satu negeri.




These various cultures are united in one country.




Kalau segala perbedaan ini bisa menyatu maka keharmonisanlah yang tercipta.




If all these differences can be united, we will have harmony.



Seandainya kita bisa saling menyatu dalam cinta kasih dan tidak saling menyerang..


If only we could be united in love and not turn against each other..

Just One Love

So much killing, too much anger inside
So much living, not enough people living right
Too much hatred, too much emptiness
I've got too much in me to go without a fight tonight

All we need is one love, that's all that we need
'Cause I know one love has given to me
There's so much we can learn from each other
If we just find that one love

Too much heartbreak, too much drowning inside
Feels like an earthquake, every time that you step outside
Too much crying, too much humbleness
We've gotta come together, it's time for you and I

So much talking, so much locked up inside
We should be listening, why do we build these walls so high?
There's no escaping, everyone's working to survive
We can win this thing together if we try tonight

All we need is one love, that's all that we need
'Cause I know one love has given to me
There's so much we can learn from each other
If we just find that one love

Let's find a minute to breathe before we run out of air
Holding on, falling down, this world is falling apart
One love is all we need, that's what we need

One love, that's all that we need
'Cause I know one love has given to me
There's so much we can learn from each other
If we just find that one love

All we need is one love, that's all that we need
'Cause I know one love has given to me
There's so much we can learn from each other
If we just find that one love, if we just find that one love
If we just find that one love

Just one love, just one love
All we need is one love, all we need is one love
Just one love, just one love, just one love
All we need is one love

No comments:

Post a Comment